It was an exciting season of sixth grade flag football on the JMS gridiron, but it came down to Blue Bombers and the Crushing Kardashians in the championship game. The 2018 NFFL Championship game was played after school on Thursday, November 1. Congratulations to the Blue Bombers for pulling out a thrilling 8-7 win. See you next season!
**While physical contact is prohibited, a risk of incidental/accidental contact still exists. While this is inherent to the game, every player is expected to participate with safety and sportsmanship a top priority, all while maintaining the integrity of the game.**
FLAG FOOTBALL RULES:
- YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST FIVE ROSTERED PLAYERS OR ELSE YOU FORFEIT.
- EACH GAME IS 20 MINUTES IN LENGTH.
- THE CENTER MUST SNAP THE BALL TO THE QUARTERBACK TO START EACH PLAY.
- THE DEFENSE CANNOT RUSH THE PASSER UNTIL THEY COUNT “ONE THOUSAND ONE, ONE THOUSAND TWO, ONE THOUSAND THREE” OUT LOUD.
- THE DEFENSE MAY BLITZ ONCE PER FOUR DOWNS.
- THE OFFENSE CAN GET A FIRST DOWN BY CROSSING MID-FIELD. IF THE OFFENSE BEGINS ITS POSSESSION PAST MID-FIELD, THEY CANNOT GET A
- THE OFFENSE CAN UTILIZE PASSING OR RUNNING PLAYS. A QUARTERBACK SNEAK CAN BE USED ONCE PER FOUR DOWNS.
- TWO FLAGS MUST BE WORN BY EACH PLAYER. THE BELTS MAY NOT BE WORN UNDERNEATH A SHIRT THAT IS NOT TUCKED IN.
- TACKLING, UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS, INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, AND ARGUING CALLS WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM.