Weather Delay Information
In the event of inclement weather, the District may call for a 10 a.m. start to give time for road, sidewalk, and weather conditions to improve. In the event of a 10 a.m. start, it’s important to note that ALL District buildings will start at the same time. This can create some congested traffic situations near the building especially with JMS and Jefferson Elementary School starting at the same time. Please keep that in mind as you plan your child’s school arrival on those days. Here is some helpful information to navigate 10 a.m. start mornings:
- The cafeteria is open to all students, whether they are eating breakfast or not, starting at 9:15 a.m. Students should enter through C-23 by the cafeteria in the back of the building. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria for purchase as usual.
- The building opens at 9:45 a.m., and students may enter through the main entrance on Moffett St.
- Students are expected to be in homeroom by 10:00 a.m. and will follow an abbreviated bell schedule in order to attend all classes.
- JMS faculty and staff are expected to report as reasonably close to the normal starting times as possible, so there should be someone in the office to answer any questions.
- Any field trip scheduled to leave prior to 10 a.m. will be CANCELLED.
- Accelerated mathematics students, who attend a class at the high school, should report directly to the high school for first period. A bus will transport the students from the high school to JMS at the end of first period.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the 10a.m. starts, please don’t hesitate to contact the main office at (412) 344-2120.